Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When Scientists Have Children...

They set up "entertainment rigs" as Mattias calls it. They don't give their children simple toys (like the water bottle wrapped in a paper bag that I invented). What you see below is our LCD monitor hooked up to Mattias' MacBook, which is running the iTunes visualizer. We discovered a few weeks ago that Linus LOVES computers, especially colorful images, but crawls up to the screen and starts to bag it- not so good with a $3K laptop! So to circumvent this problem, Mattias devised the set-up below. Future plans include mounting plexiglass on the front, then hanging the monitor above Linus' crib so that he can trip out while he hangs out :)

All of this ingenuity sprouted from Mattias' days spent home with Linus while I am at work. You'd think with all this newfound free time he would do the laundry too...


Farfar Magnus think alike and distracts Linus with the Magnotrometer (OK, that may not be the real name, but that's what we call it). The small device with the LED lights is actually a race car lap timer that Magnus invented.


But I think this all comes back to this moment in time, when Magnus first encouraged Mattias' interest in all things technology. Call it our nerdy circle of life :)

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo excited to see you on Sunday!

    Linus is going to be a genius when he grows up.

    ReplyDelete