Saturday, January 13, 2018

Brotha from the Same Motha, Sista from Another Mista

(NOTE: This is a super late post, originally written in June 2017).

I was lucky enough to attend a veterinary conference on the Central Coast at a pet friendly hotel. It was only natural then, for me to invite Alvin to come with me.  I booked a pet-friendly room at the resort and needed company for the drive down.
After the meeting was over we popped over to a nearby winery in Paso Robles for a tour and tasting.  The tour of the wine cave was dog friendly, but we worried the whole time that Lucy might pee on a barrel. Afterwards the road led to a brewery and cider house.
One of the highlights of the trip was visiting Morro Bay, where it was rumored that 20+ otter moms and babies spent their days. We weren't disappointed, in fact I literally squealed at the sight of fluffy otter pup.
In early May we set out to the Russian River to celebrate Malou's 40th birthday.








In a time of my life when I have less time to make and maintain friendships, I'm more grateful than ever for my siblings.  No need to impress, at home in a tornado of boys and toys and animals, I  can wear dumpy clothes and invite my brother over for boxed wine happy hour.  There's nothing more natural to us than sharing our wins, losses, and draws.

No comments:

Post a Comment