Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Theodork's Adoptaversary

Exactly one year ago I brought home a very serious and sweet puppy who I met at the shelter I work at. It was love at first physical exam, when he came in for a hug even though I grabbed his balls without asking. 
And even though I cut those balls off, he still wanted to come home with me.
Convincing Mattias to take on a puppy was the hardest part, but I had a plan.  We would "foster" the pup to see if he got along well our cat and make sure he was well suited for apartment living. After spending one day working from home with Theo, Mattias was in love.
The rest is history.  Theo is a beloved member of our family, a somewhat useful team player at work, and literally, the guy who always sits shotgun (regardless of who's driving.) "Dog-friendly" is no longer optional-- we adjust our plans to include him in all our weekend fun.
After a year, Fabiola is fairly adjusted to having a clumsy, 70 pound beast in the house.  She works her height advantage and has no problems smacking Theo when he gets too fresh.
He's a source of joy, cuddles, and security. Ted makes us laugh, eats our leftovers, and keeps us warm. 

A year ago he joined a family that was full, but made it complete. Happy Adoptaversary to our dearest Tedford.












No comments:

Post a Comment