Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day, First Stand

This Monday was a momentous day for our family, it was Linus' first day of kindergarten.  In our minds, and in his, it meant he was officially a "big kid".  It also meant that we all had to get up suuuuper early to get ready for the 7:50 school bell.  Poor Kerstin BARTed up from Milpitas, probably left the house before 6AM.  Here we all are on the big day.  I had to be at work by 7:45 so Mattias walked the 2 steep blocks up hill with Linus.
 All the kids met in the lower yard to line up with their classes.  You can tell how excited he was.
Every morning they listen to a short message from the principal and do the pledge.  God, I don't remember the last time I actually said the pledge of allegiance.
 Then the parents walked the kids to the classroom.  Linus put away his things and sat down to read, he didn't even look up when Mattias left the room.  So like him, to be responsible and as grown up as he can. The following days have been a bit tougher, now that he is realizing how long the days are and that it is every day.  The whole experience has been overwhelming for all of us, since we are trying to adjust to new schedules, demands, and social situations.
 On Tuesday Anders decided he didn't want to be shown up by his big brother.  He realized that if he wanted to be noticed in all the chaos that is our life, he would have to stand up.



1 comment:

  1. I love that lil Giraffe boy is standing now. Next time I see you guys, he'll be running and crawling all over his brothers! +A

    ReplyDelete