Sunday, April 28, 2013

The kids are alright

Disclaimer: All pictures in the below blog are courtesy of Kerstin and her iPhone.  Our hands have been full in the truest sense, and we've barely had the time/energy to lug our nice SLR camera around. 

I've been back to work for three weeks now, and I'm truly amazed of the team effort it's taken to care for our clan.  Mattias stepped up his share of the housekeeping, and continues to take Linus to preschool three days a week.  Kerstin had no problem jumping right in, taking care of an infant and an unruly toddler at the same time.  This pictures was taken at Anders' first day at KarlssonKare, after anentire day of resisting the dreaded bottle.
The big boys have spent many weekends with their grandparents, as Mattias and I start the packing process.  They love being able to do the messy activities we rarely do at our house, like Playdoh and painting.  They also know that their house operates on a different set of rules.  Yes, you can watch a little moving and put your feet on the table :)
They spend as much time as possible outside, either at the park or in the backyard.



Looking at these photo updates, you see a clear common theme: explore, get dirty, and have fun!
 

 

And on some days, the boys are tired enough to nap.

On another weekend, while I recovered from my surgery, Kerstin and Magnus took the big boys to a racetrack in West Virginia for the day.  Big Magnus wasn't racing on this day, but they figured being spectators is pretty fun too.
 



Some days feel like a quick blink, while others feel like a marathon of chores and activities.  I tread water, fearfully eyeing our move on the horizon.  I didn't notice when Anders started looking at his own hands-- luckily Kerstin did.  With all that has happened and all that is to come, it's good to know my kids are more than alright.

2 comments:

  1. I am so honored and happy these little wonders actually do want to spend time with me, I mean a gramma couldn't be to exciting.. But I am very happy that they think so, and we really are quite a team all of us together. Sometimes, they are teaching ME things, and sometimes I like to think I can teach them some things to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the boys. And Mattias should watch out, looks like Kerstin is giving him a run for his money on cute pics of the boys. See you all in a month! +A

    ReplyDelete