A few months before Anders was born I freaked out about our car seat situation. Would a third car seat fit? Will we have to ditch our beloved Subaru and up size to a minivan? After a lot of research and testing various car seat configurations, we were able to fit in the third seat. The result looked like a jigsaw puzzle of car seats, but hey, it worked! It took a lot more time, and a little bit of cursing, but in the end we made it happen. Well, that's kind of what has happened with the Karlsson family. What was possible before, is still somewhat possible, it's just a little bit more complicated.
Both boys continue to love having a new brother. I recovered fairly quickly, and am adopting a "must walk to the grocery store" fitness plan. Mattias went back to work a couple of weeks ago, after taking 2 weeks off. And Kerstin continues to watch Magnus most days of the week, and take the boys to their weekly tumbling class while I stay home with baby.
Cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and feeding Anders takes up most of my time nowadays, and I'm finding myself multitasking at a whole new level. If I lay down, my lap can fit both baby and dog for nap time. And while Mattias does the dishes, I can feed Anders and read a book to the boys.
We spent a solid hour touring the transportation section, and we came across the 1986 Dodge Caravan, just like I had growing up. They had a Chicago L train car and station, which the kids loved riding. But the big hit? A short film of the history of cars in American film making.
Anders continues to eat and sleep well. Besides his gassy/fussy time that occurs between 2-4AM he is a very sweet, mellow boy.
He is awake more and more each day, and stares long and hard at faces and high contrast images.
He was 2 weeks old before we gave him his first bath. Like so many infants, he did not enjoy the experience. But his head was greasy and his armpits were funky, so we had to do it. For the most part, I savor the time I spend cuddling with my spit-up scented, chubby baby. The weeks are flying by...
Cute bangs, Ellie!
ReplyDelete+A
"Overwhelmed and bored at the same time"- the great paradox of motherhood, perfectly described! haha
ReplyDelete