Today we are at 40 weeks, 4 days, and still no baby. Mattias and I are not at all surprised since Linus went to 41 weeks exactly, and took a good 45 hours of labor to come out. Trust me, it's getting uncomfortable and no one wants this baby out more than I do. Here's a belly shot taken at 40 weeks.
Last Friday was my last day of work, and while I will not miss the Metro (or the commute in general), I can say I will miss my friends at the office. They have shared in a lot of the excitement and have given me a lot of support during this pregnancy. So as a parting gift I made chocolate pecan caramel apples to share, with the apples I picked the previous weekend.
Everyone keeps nagging me to rest and take it easy, but I'm sorry to say it's just not my style. That is until, I felt like total crap the following weekend and came down with a cold. I should probably listen to my loved ones, but rest assured that if I don't my body is pretty good at sending me the message.
Thanks for all the messages of excitement and support. FYI- there is free WiFi in the labor/delivery room at the hospital I am delivering at. While I can't guarantee instant mobile uploads of me in labor, I'm pretty sure I will let everyone know as soon as Swedipino 2.0 arrives.
got any more caramel apples?
ReplyDeleteOh shoot Melissa, sorry you didn't benefit from that burst of domestic energy. I still have materials left so maybe I can run to the farmer's market and make more tonight...
ReplyDeleteGood luck and can't wait to hear the exciting news!
ReplyDeleteHave you been trying all the "tricks" to get this baby out?
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, those apples look delicious. I've been faithfully reading your updates and I'm so excited for you and Matt and Linus. I hope that the baby makes an appearance soon :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck and hang in there! Can't wait to see the cutie pie!
ReplyDeletePS you are superwoman. At 36 weeks I was whining and explaining to John that he should be waiting on my like royalty. Wait...I do that now too....hmmm.