Saturday, August 28, 2010

A happy birthday, indeed.

For my 30th, my wonderful family threw me an outdoor BBQ. Mattias went all out by making his special BBQ sauce from scratch, and slathering it all over some pork spare ribs.


There were friends there to help us celebrate, both mine and Linus' age.



And more food and gifts.

On the following day (my real birthday) we took the train to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum for some bugs and dinosaurs. We also went to the National Aquarium, the perfect place for a toddler to run around (safely) for an hour. Some of you might have missed the link to the video below, but it's so cute we had to post it again.




Call me simple, but for our evening date, all I wanted to do was eat yummy food and stroll around the shopping mall. Kind of like we used to do when we were teenagers. So we hit up a seafood restuarant with a great happy hour menu and filled up on oysters and lobster sliders.


I walked around the mall looking to take care of a few things on my list, while Mattias pointed and laughed at under dressed mannequins with holes on the butts.


We may be in our 30s now, but on some days I swear I'm 30 going on 13.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.. sparerib.I hope it's better than your Dad. You look cute and relax. Hang in there.
    We need to go to that restaurant. Can't wait to see you guys and listen to "Mr Anemone".

    lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Linus to record a song called "Nemonie Nemonie". I see a Swedipino pop sensation in the making!
    +A

    ReplyDelete