Friday, August 20, 2010

Preparing for a sibling

A few months ago I found out about a "Sibling" class offered by the hospital. The purpose was to get the older sibling familiar with the hospital before mamma and pappa go there, and to give them an idea of where the baby is going to be born.

After showing us the maternity suites,we walked the kids over to the nursery to see the newborns. So tiny! I can't believe Linus used to be that little, and that we are going to have a new little bundle very soon.

Back in the classroom we did some swaddling and diapering. Linus learned how to do it, but it turned out that Mattias and I needed a refresher, too!



Then the nurse went over some do's and don'ts with the kids.

Do: help throw away diapers, wash your hands before touching baby, sit down before asking to hold baby, make funny faces at baby.

Don't: gouge out baby's eyes, try to carry baby while walking/standing,.

Here Linus is making a funny face to entertain the baby.



After I took this picture I thought that it looked vaguely familiar to one I took 2 1/2 years ago...



What can I say? He is his father's child :)





No comments:

Post a Comment