Friday, July 4, 2008

Welcome Little Linus!

After 41 weeks of gestation we are happy to welcome Linus Mangosing Karlsson into our world. Vital stats: Born Saturday 6/28/08 at 7:29PM. 6 pounds 13 oz., 19 1/2 inches long, and he's a boy!

Now to the details: The labor did last an entire 45 hours, but ended with just a quick 30 minutes of pushing. Most of the labor was spent at home unmedicated, with Mattias and I using a lot of techniques learned from classes and my prenatal yoga practice. Here I am focusing through a contraction.

Eventually laboring at home got really tiring, and yes painful, so we went to the hospital for some relief. I am trying to eat because a few of the contractions were so powerful they made me puke :(


The nurses at the hospital were amazing at helping us through the labor- offering emotional support, guidance, and even foot massages! While I did need some pain meds I was able to avoid an epidural, which was my goal. All of that hard work paid off with our special little bundle. He was alert and cute from the minute he came out.

Afterwards we were moved to the maternity ward. I'm staring in disbelief and thinking "He came from my body?!?"


On Monday afternoon we came home and Gus was very excited to meet his new little brother.

Me and the little dude appreciating some quiet time by the window.


We went to our first pediatrician's appointment already!

And even though we are sleep deprived we couldn't resist a walk to Duboce Park on a sunny day.


So far, so good. Every day is different and exciting because we are all just trying to figure each other out. Even with the emotional highs and lows I think I can say we couldn't be happier to call ourselves a family atlast.

4 comments:

  1. Gussie looks like he's ready to be a big brother. I'm so glad I got to see Linus before I left. Miss you guys.

    +A

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! DAMN he looks huge....Matt genes? haha. Dude, I hella want to come up and see the little bugger and REALLY get all the gory details before you guys move! When!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ellie! He is just beautiful. Enjoy every moment - it just flies by. Temana will be three months tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get to see you some time this summer.
    - Angelina, Bryan & Temana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ellie and Matt! Baby Linus looks great! Actually, I think he looks like you, Matt.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful family pictures and entertaining videos.

    Take care, and regards to the family.

    Elma & Terry Swann

    ReplyDelete