Monday, November 25, 2013

Worst. Baby. Ever.

Don't let his handsome looks fool you, this baby is bad.  If we weren't completely done having kids, I'd be looking to return him (or at least upgrade to a newer model).
 He gets into everything (the toilet) and wants a taste (below, a soggy stick that was marinating in standing water).  He follows me relentlessly around our condo, clambering up my legs and pulling my pants down in the process.
 No need to worry about Anders getting ignored, because he's learned how to get our attention.  1) He refuses to eat anything on a spoon.  He feels like he can do it himself, or even better, he can feed it to Gus.  2) He shrieks when things aren't going his way.  I remember thinking about a certain shrieking family member "Why can't everyone ignore it so he learns  that he won't get what he wants by screaming?"  Now I know-- you do whatever it takes to get the baby to shut the hell up.  Talk about insanity inducing...
There is a sweetness to his neediness, though.  I look at Linus and Magnus, and remember when they used to need/want me so much.  It won't be long before Anders follows suit and joins the Brothers Karlsson circus, might was well enjoy his baby-ness before he turns into a toddler.


1 comment: