Thanks for everyone's texts, emails, messages on Facebook these past few days. We are happy to say that we are all doing well despite the hurricane-- the power is still on and there is no damage to the house or neighborhood. We were not that worried since the tree that almost killed us last June was cut down, section by section, in September (photo below).
I had to go into work both days since I am an "essential/emergency" government employee, so Kerstin hung out with the little ones during the day. In the evening we got the flashlights and candles handy as the winds started to roar. Mattias started a fire and we cozied up with hot cocoa. The boys got a special Halloween package from Uncle Alvin, and as usual, the box is more exciting than the contents. Kids...
Besides some mild flooding in the basement and our Halloween decorations blowing off the porch, our house is in pretty good shape. Now we can move on from worrying about natural disasters and start getting excited about Halloween!
I can't wait to see the Halloween pics!
ReplyDelete+A
It’s good to know you survived one of the most horrible storms in history. I could only hope that none of us would ever have to go through that again. But we know that’s not the way nature goes, so the very least we could do is to prepare ourselves for inevitable natural disasters in the future. Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteSharon Strock @ Storm Chamber®