After Christmas I vowed to slow things down, not plan too much, and take it easy. I had a lot of help while Mattias was in India, but the extra workload took it's toll. Almost immediately after Mattias returned we were hit with a Karlsson-wide stomach flu, keeping me away from human kind for a full week. Magnus' molars (all 4) started to erupt and the I-won't-let-go-of-mamma's-leg phase began. Clearly, no one in the family got the "Let's take it easy" memo.
I bitch and moan, but there have been a lot of happy little moments tucked into the chaos. The boy's love of rock and roll continues to grow, and music time with Mattias is always a hit. Another new development is Linus' favoritism towards Mattias. He constantly says "I love you best pappa. You're my best friend." And when I'm being stern and enforcing household rules, he cries "I want pappa!!!!"
Magnus has begun to walk in earnest, still preferring his funky one-kneed creep. When he does walk he goes with the hands in front zombie-walk.
His fascination with all things mechanical continues to grow. Diggers are his favorite, but he calls anything yellow with big wheels or tracks a "digger!" The only thing he likes more than diggers? Me. And I will fully admit that I lavish in his admiration and devotion, getting a tiny ego boost every time he peels off Farmor or Mattias to come to me. He's just so soft and sweet, and perhaps I realize this phase is short and transitory, I definitely appreciate it more than when Linus was in the same stage.
Just last weekend we finally got a dusting of snow, followed by some rain, resulting in a crunchy sheet of ice. Doesn't matter to the boys, it was white outside so that meant they could use their sled.
OMG. I can't stop laughing at Linus pulling Magnus around in that sled. I especially love when he squirms around on the ground or when he pushes Magnus back...even after you told him not to. Reminds me of our snow adventures as kids in Idaho. +A
ReplyDelete