One of Linus' favorite gifts this Christmas was a cheap digital camera made especially for kids. There are 4 buttons, a preview screen, a viewfinder, and a flash. After popping in 3 AAA batteries (not included of course) Linus was good to go. His first picture:
After giving Linus a quick tutorial on how to aim, he got this shot of the two of us. Smart kid.
What we didn't expect was that he would begin to document things that shouldn't be documented. Mamma coming out of the shower and changing her clothes? Click. Click. Case in point below, my hand in a compromising position...
Giving a kid a camera allows a small glimpse into his world. What does our place look like if you're a mere 3 feet tall?
Apparently you just barely reach the mini-tree and the top of the freezer.
One commonly repeated problem was Linus using the camera way too close to our faces. With the flash on. It's no surprise that most of our close ups looked like this:
But with more and more practice, he started to get the hang of framing and taking photos.
With training complete, we decided to send him out on his first assignment. The "Gathering of Neighbors" party was held in our future neighborhood, and we got a chance to meet our future neighbors. Edye and Ellyn were there.
And so was this man. At least I think that's a man, leaning over to greet our little paparazzo.
The party was festive, and it was great to be so openly welcomed by such a diverse and pleasant group of people.
With the success of this assignment, there will surely be more to come. Who knows, maybe Linus will someday take over our family blog...
I love this idea!! I really enjoyed all the 3ft-perspective shots...except for that camel-toe one. What a smart kid!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it! Hilarious and also clever. He's got some good shots too! I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteIf I hire him for our next family portrait, can I pay him in goldfish crackers?
I loved the too-close montage... classic! He can take our "reunion" photo when I visit :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great blog. I really like seeing things from Linus's viewpoint. Maybe its a good way to get some perspective on parenting. I mean who wouldn't be whiny after staring at people crotches all day.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea! Thanks for posting those photos!
ReplyDelete