At the end of January the Karlssons took to the friendly skies on a predawn flight to the greatest place on earth (I write as I watch the white-out conditions outside.) Have we ever told you how much we love Virgin America? Every kid needs to fly this airline-- cool mood lighting, TVs and games on every chair. And *sometimes* you are lucky enough to be seated next to some middle-aged B*TCH who hates children and would like nothing more than to change seats so that you get the whole row to yourself. And *sometimes* you are lucky enough to be seated next to said miserable person on the way back, too.
Look at that cute little face watching "Elmo's World." How could you not want to sit next to him?
Upon arrival we enjoyed real Chinese food and an outing to the park, sans heavy jackets. That's California for ya.
We took a day in the city, visiting our old stomping grounds. I got my hair did while Mattias took Linus to the Cal Academy of Science.
My parents had a little get together at the house since we didn't see the extended family for the holidays. Here are some of the shots:





Then we came home to this: Snowmaggedon.
More on the historic Mid-Atlantic snowfall in the next edition of "Keeping up with the Karlssons."










Real Chinese food and Alvin all in one visit--it's just too much.
ReplyDeleteI look CRAZY in that photo. I think the Karlssons should visit Seattle next!
ReplyDelete+A