Friday, October 9, 2009

The people have spoken!

Guessing from the number of comments (zero) from the last blog of my adventures in Chicago, I now understand what the people want. And that is, pictures of Linus. Who cares if Mattias and Ellie are having fun without the little critter? The pictures are not nearly as cute, I know. So without further ado...

Fall is here in the Mid-Atlantic and the weather could not be better. Since I am starting to work 4 days a week in November, I figure I should enjoy every last day with Linus at home. Mattias has facilitated our outings by making sure all the chores are done the night before our planned activity. Ladies, if your husband isn't doing this for you, I suggest you get a refund ;) Last week we trekked to the Mall for a stroll and to visit the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.


The big draw was the butterfly exhibit which is free on Tuesdays. Linus loved it but it was a little too much like the Philippines in there (hot and humid) so we had to leave after 10 minutes.




Then this past Tuesday we met up with good friends Amy and Maben and Lee and Iain for the Fall Festival in Centreville, Virginia. I wouldn't recommend it to my childless peeps, but those of you with critters MUST check this place out!


There were mountain-sized slides


And corn mazes with giant praying mantises that tried to eat us


And mountains of hay to climb


And ANIMALS! Boy were there animals! Us three moms couldn't help but feel sympathy for the 300lb sows (mamma pigs) with their 10+ piglets constantly tugging at her nipples. Been there, done that.

Linus gets up close and personal (and almost poked in the eye) by a pygmy goat.

Eventually we had to stop for lunch. The kids ended up napping in their strollers after the hay ride, and since the weather was so great we all ended up staying until almost 3 that afternoon. A marathon if you know what it's like to go out with a toddler!


We even got the kids to keep still just long enough for this photo op


The other week was also Linus' 15 month doctor's appointment. Head circumference was off the growth chart ('atta boy!) while he was 75th percentile for height and 10th percentile for weight (up from 5th percentile at the 12 month visit.) To make up for the vaccinations, we took him to the zoo and shared an ice cream.


So yes, Linus is still the most wonderful and central part of our lives, but it is all made easier when we get those much needed breaks.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you manage all that. I'm just looking forward to going to Costco today and getting some free samples that I didn't cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo of Linus with the goat resembles one of you at the San Diego zoo when we were kids. That's so awesome. Miss you guys.
    XO.
    +A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ellie! Looks like some wonderful days with your little guy. We just got Temana back on the growth charts for weight as he just hit 20 lbs! Huge relief since he's 33 in tall. I love the butterfly photos and the one of the three kids at the pumpkin patch. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yey! Linus is back. Like Alvin said, you had that same pix taken from the San Diego zoo. The kiddies are sooo cute. Amazing how they kept still for the pix. Thanks for blogging. Miss you guys!

    lola

    ReplyDelete