Monday, December 8, 2008

Laggin'

People have been giving me a hard time for not blogging in a while- so here is my catch up from late November.

We were very lucky to have a visit from Nicky right before Thanksgiving, who flew out here from Ventura, Ca. Luckily I told her to bring her warmest clothes because it was 20 degrees and windy the weekend she came. Here we are in front of the White house- her scarf blew right in front of my face the second we took the picture! Too funny.



Then a few days later we celebrated our first Thanksgiving in Arlington. I decided to plan the master feast since we'll be celebrating Christmas at Kerstin and Magnus' place. Here we are workin' away.



Gus did his job.



Linus wasn't all too excited about the holiday since he didn't get any turkey and he had to where a dress shirt.



Mmmmmm, turkey.



We spent the rest of the night playing Wii and watching the Thanksgiving parade on DVR (my first time watching it and I have to say it was quite lame.)



Sorry for not posting in a while. Since Melissa gave me a hard time for "sugar coating" my blog, I've decided to add the not-so-pretty details of our family life:

  • Mattias has suffered from some kind of knee injury. On my vet exam I feel like it is most likely a luxated patella, but our doctor (who is a real cougar) thinks it may be a torn meniscus. The MRI was last night so we should know pretty soon, but we think he may need some surgery.
  • Linus bites my nipples and thinks its funny.
  • I've finally accepted that my stretch marks aren't goin' nowhere. And sometimes I want to cry about it but instead I eat some ice cream.
  • The other day I was shopping at Old Navy with Linus in his carrier when he decided to take a massive dump that overflowed all the way up his back. Luckily I had an extra set of clothes but they had been in the diaper bag for a month and a size too small. What used to be pants turned into shorts, which Linus wore on a 20 degree day :(
  • We have also been seriously stressing about money, and funny enough, it has nothing to do with the current economy. The costs of moving, renting out our condo, going on maternity leave, and property taxes have all amassed into one big heap of debt. We've thought of some creative ways to make money:
  1. Rent Gus out as a chick magnet.
  2. Mattias can be a male escort to our cougar doctor and all her friends.
  3. Linus can be a model for Baby Gap.
  4. Ellie can open up a sushi bar in the apartment, serving 2-4 people a night.
  5. We can collect all the cans and bottles that people don't recycle (Virginians suck at recycling!)
  • And just the other day we had a constipation issue- Linus went 48 hours without taking a dump. One morning he was making a lot of noise; a mixture of groans, growls, and farts that didn't produce much. Mattias was all gung-ho about taking him to the doctor in the morning, but when the pediatrician suggested a rectal suppository, Mattias said "Let's give him until tonight to poop." Gee, could it be because I was at work and Mattias couldn't bare to torture our little boy? What a whimp! He assumes that just because I'm a vet I should deal with all the yucky stuff! We're happy to report 2 major dumps since then :)



That's all for now. Many people have been asking what Linus wants for Christmas. As of now his wants are pretty simple: boobs. But since you guys can't really give that, a simple card with a picture will do. We like to think Linus is the luckiest kid in the world and that he has everything he needs.

Next post will be of pictures of our annual Christmas tree excursion. Miss you guys!

2 comments:

  1. he is growing into such a little man already! too cute!
    miss you guys, lauren :)
    ps i eat ice cream when i want to cry too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I make a reservation at The Karlsson Sushi bar for 2.5 people on June 16th, 7pm?

    ReplyDelete