Here's the obligatory Love photo:
We had a great time wandering around the city, with its beautiful old neighborhoods.
And we of course had ourselves some Philly Cheesesteak. Mmmmmmm...
But the real purpose of our trip (besides eating) was to go to a wedding. Linus got dressed up for the occasion.
Let the party begin!
The week before we went to Mount Vernon, the estate of George Washington, for Family Harvest Fun Day.
Here's some cute Linus pictures to end the blog. Below, Linus is getting ready for winter with his new puffy whole body suit. He's also learning how to ride Gus (in case we can't give him a ride.)
And lastly his head continues to grow. His hands still can't reach the top of his head. Here I am demonstrating how big my head would be given a baby's proportions. Huge, huh?
Thanks to everyone's well wishes for Linus! It seems like we are at the tail-end of the infection with no new pox since yesterday. A funny side story- Linus and I were waiting for Mattias on a bench in town when a woman with a 4 month old approached us. I said "You may not want to get too close because he has chicken pox." She didn't seemed too concerned, saying "I heard it's much better to get it as a baby rather than as an older child." She left but came back later with a tiny spoon (the kind you use to taste ice cream at Baskin Robbins) requesting that we stick it in Linus' mouth so that she can try to infect her son with the dirty spoon. We obliged and even let her rub Linus' pox covered head for added pathogen load (she then rubbed her son's face and hands!) She said to her son "I'm sorry but someday you'll thank me." and we said "It's like a free vaccination!" Anyway, we were happy to have helped :)
No comments:
Post a Comment